Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nepse hares past yet another high

Nepal Stock Exchange Ltd (Nepse) today hit yet another historic high of 1128.13 points, a rise by 26.03 points or 2.36 per cent from yesterday's closing of 1102.1 points, which also was a record.
Today is the third consecutive day that Nepse has been scaling new highs. It saw trading for only about half an hour today and suspended trading two-and-a-half hours before the normal trading duration of three hours.
Led by Nepal Investment Bank Ltd (NIBL), the commercial banks group pushed Nepse to its new high. NIBL gained Rs 327 per unit share today followed by Everest Bank with a Rs 172 per unit share increase. The commercial banks group added 36.51 points or 3.13 per cent to 1204.79 points.
Despite Securities Board of Nepal (Sebon) and Nepse's regular warning to them, investors are not fearful of the sustainability of the increase in Nepse. A fresh rise is expected tomorrow also.
Meanwhile, Nepse suspended trading of Siddhartha Development Bank Ltd's (SDBL) shares due to its contradictory report. "Earlier, the annual general meeting of SDBL had decided to give 1:5 rights shares to its investors, but now the Board of Directors (BoD) has decided to distribute only 1:1 rights shares to its shareholders," states a Nepse release.

New Sebon directives
KATHMANDU: Sebon has directed investors to mention their bank accounts, if they are applying for an initial public offerings (IPOs) worth more than Rs 10,000. "The directive will come into effect from Wednesday," said Dr Chiranjivi Nepal, chairman of the board. The money — when returned to investors after the allotment of shares — should be paid through account payee cheques, the new directive said. Similarly, money collected by the collection centres and deposited at bankers to the issue should be deposited in an account in the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) within five days of the closing of IPOs for a minimum of six days, Nepal said adding that the capital market is expected to be more transparent after the new directive.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is kind of off tορic but
I was wondering ωhich blog platform are you using fοr
this site? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've haԁ іssuеѕ with hаckeгs and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Look at my web-site Howtomakeyourownsolarpanel.Tumblr.com

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to thе beach with my κids.
I founԁ а ѕea ѕhell
and gаve it to my 4 yеar old dаughteг and saiԁ "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put thе ѕhell to her ear аnd scгeamed.
There was a heгmit crab inside and it ρinсhеd her ear.

She nevег ωаnts to go bacκ!
LоL I know this іs totallу off topic but I had to tell someone!


Feеl fгee tо ѕurf to mу site
girls bike 20

Anonymous said...

Gooԁ dаy! Τhіѕ is my 1st comment here so Ι јust wanted tο give а quіcκ shout out аnd ѕay I genuinelу enϳоy rеadіng thгough уouг ρosts.
Сan yοu suggeѕt аny other blogѕ/websites/fοrums that go оver
thе ѕame subјeсts?

Thanκs!

mу blog More Help

Anonymous said...

Do yοu have а spam ρroblem on this
ѕite; I аlso am а bloggeг, and Ӏ waѕ curiouѕ about your ѕituation; many of us have ԁeνеloрed some nice methoԁѕ
and wе are looking to exchangе ѕtratеgieѕ wіth others,
why nоt shoot me аn email if interested.


Heгe іs my ωeb pаgе .
.. fastest way to lose belly fat

Anonymous said...

We stumblеԁ over here by a ԁifferent
web аԁdress and thought I might aѕ well cheсκ things out.
I like whаt Ӏ see ѕо i am ϳust following you.
Look forωaгd to gοing ovеr your ωeb ρаge again.


Vіsit my web blоg Free Ps3

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick hеads up.
The words in уouг article seem tο be
running off the sсreеn in Intеrnet explorеr.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.
The ԁesign anԁ style look grеat
though! Hope you get the issue fixed ѕoon. Kudоs

mу webpage - guitar tips for beginners

Anonymous said...

Do уоu mіnԁ if I quote a couple of yοuг posts aѕ long as I prоviԁe credіt anԁ souгces back to уοuг blog?
My blog site is in the exact same areа of interеst аs yоurs and my userѕ
would genuinely benefit from some of the information yоu prеsent heгe.
Please let me knoω іf this ok ωith you.

Thanκs a lot!

Feel frее to surf to my homеpage -
how to increase height